Put-In-Bay ~ Sept. 24-27, 2018 MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
HSR Mitty, April 27-29
Did I miss the bigger picture?
by Alfaromeo1
06/20/18 11:13 AM
One of own is injured.
by Hap Waldrop
06/20/18 07:47 AM
Visually bland, lacking color or emotion, sedate & unappealing.
by onthegrid
06/10/18 11:12 PM
Vintage Racing at a Vintage Venue.
by zuzulo56
05/25/18 01:30 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14424 - 01/30/18 06:21 PM I've finally finished my new shop website!
Mike Clifford Offline
Amateur racer

Loc: Hopewell Junction, NY
After what felt like a million hours of teaching myself Wordpress, formatting pages, and resizing photos, I've finally gone live with the totally new version of MichaelsVintageRacing.com! It's got tons of cool photos, info about our cars and drivers, our 2018 schedule, and more!

Please take a minute to give it a look and share any input!

Edited by Mike Clifford (01/31/18 01:19 AM)

#14425 - 01/30/18 10:31 PM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
JFW Offline

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Mike Clifford
After what felt like a million hours of teaching myself Wordpress, formatting pages, and resizing photos, I've finally gone live with the totally new version of www.MichaelsVintageRacing.com! It's got tons of cool photos, info about our cars and drivers, our 2018 schedule, and more!

Great job Michael!

Now if you would just get your guys to Put-in-Bay this year.....

Put in Bay Sports Car Races 2018

#14426 - 01/31/18 09:27 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
joel hershoren Offline
Driver

Loc: Royal Oak Michigan
Echo on Jack's statement,

Thanks for summarizing Waterford ( and others for sure ) so well.
Happy to see our return to the July calendar allows you to visit us again.

You folks will enjoy Grattan a great deal.
Nice event with an excellent amount of track time.
Track is perfect for a Ginetta ( they way you folks drive, what track isn't ? )
My humble advice, is seek hotel lodging asap ( not much near the track )
and get there early to take advantage of any and all orientation / practice / track walks offered.
Yes, i am a Waterford guy, but Grattan is my personal favorite track.
You will see why once you drive it.

As for Put-In-Bay, why not ?
They have carved a niche like no other.
Glowing reviews and loyalty witnessed by me from all who attend.
At the rate they are going, they are going to need a bigger island.

#14428 - 01/31/18 06:36 PM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
Mike Clifford Offline
Amateur racer

Thanks guys!

The schedule posted right now is just tentative, so it will be shaved down somewhat once everyone nails down their events. I've listed all the potential races in case someone sees the site and would be interested in joining us somewhere.

Either way, it's going to be a fun season!

#14429 - 01/31/18 11:48 PM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: joel hershoren]
dcb Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: joel hershoren
Echo on Jack's statement,

Thanks for summarizing Waterford ( and others for sure ) so well.
Happy to see our return to the July calendar allows you to visit us again.

You folks will enjoy Grattan a great deal.
Nice event with an excellent amount of track time.
Track is perfect for a Ginetta ( they way you folks drive, what track isn't ? )
My humble advice, is seek hotel lodging asap ( not much near the track )
and get there early to take advantage of any and all orientation / practice / track walks offered.
Yes, i am a Waterford guy, but Grattan is my personal favorite track.
You will see why once you drive it.

The very first road race I ever witnessed was at Grattan - probably around 71-72. That was back in the day of D Sedan. How many of you remember that class? It was definitely a pretty "raw" place back then but it hooked me on wanting to get into racing.

I would have to say that I agree with Joel, I too love the place. Anything bigger than B Sedan might be a little bit of a tight fit, but for any small car it's pretty damn cool. I would also agree about getting a motel room. The area is basically swamp land and by August the mosquitoes are deadly. You need to get off the property before sunset if you're going to survive.

I know I posted this before, but it's lost pretty deep in the archives.

Dave Brown

#14430 - 02/01/18 06:49 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: dcb]
JFW Offline

Originally Posted By: dcb
[quote=joel hershoren]Echo on Jack's statement,

The very first road race I ever witnessed was at Grattan - probably around 71-72. That was back in the day of D Sedan. How many of you remember that class? It was definitely a pretty "raw" place back then but it hooked me on wanting to get into racing.

Dave Brown

I ran my first regional race at Grattan in 1965. I think it was only the second race they had after opening.

I drove my Spitfire to the track, took off the windshield and raced! No crew. Some kind folks from Battle Creek took me home Saturday night, fed me and gave me a couch.

Next day, I finished second in GP! That was the best finish I ever had "back in the day!"

The thing that still sticks out in my mind is that Danny Gerber was there with his Cobra and he had a Winnebago where he went after each session, took as shower and came out all spiffed to the nines.

#14431 - 02/04/18 07:11 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: JFW]
dynalead Offline
Amateur racer

Loc: Armonk, NY

The thing that still sticks out in my mind is that Danny Gerber was there with his Cobra and he had a Winnebago where he went af[color:#FF6666][/color]ter each session, took as shower and came out all spiffed to the nines.
__
Jack,
Ron Deppert would do the same thing after racing his Corvette. He would talk to the rest of us thru the RV shower window telling us how cool and refreshed he was.

Ken

#14432 - 02/05/18 12:31 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
rick haynes
Unregistered

I have been a way for a while and whats the topic I find when I look in? The personal hygiene of 2 drivers no ones has ever heard of??
Mind you It would not have been any better if it had been the shower routines of 2 better known drivers ether. Whats next? Comparing each others coupons for Krogers?

It's no wonder the ratings went up when I have some thing to complain about.
And this site had better hope that happens soon!

rick haynes

Edited by rick haynes (02/05/18 12:34 AM)

#14434 - 02/05/18 09:10 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: ]
JFW Offline

Originally Posted By: rick haynes
I have been a way for a while and whats the topic I find when I look in? The personal hygiene of 2 drivers no ones has ever heard of??
Mind you It would not have been any better if it had been the shower routines of 2 better known drivers ether. Whats next? Comparing each others coupons for Krogers?

It's no wonder the ratings went up when I have some thing to complain about.
And this site had better hope that happens soon!

rick haynes

Rick...you have led a self centered racing life.

Danny Gerber was (is?) the heir to the Gerber baby food company in Fremont Michigan, not far from Grattan.

He also had one of the first AC Cobras and shared a Ford dealership in Fremont with Tom Payne (look him up too),

When we started racing it was cool to be in the same paddock with these guys, not that things like this would have mattered to you!

Dan Gerber

#14436 - 02/05/18 11:49 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
rick haynes
Unregistered

Jack

Lost your sense of humor? Or you just don't like mine? Actually
I can remember back in the 90s at Road Atlanta how much fun it was to
meet Phil Mahre , the world cup skiing champion. He was there running a
S-2000 or Trans-am car, cant remember which. He took the time to tell us
about his skiing and the cross over skills he thought helped him in driving
race cars, real nice guy.
Didn't get to see him take a shower though, just didn't come to mind at the time.

rick haynes

Edited by rick haynes (02/05/18 11:49 AM)

#14437 - 02/05/18 12:33 PM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: ]
JFW Offline

Originally Posted By: rick haynes
Jack

Lost your sense of humor? Or you just don't like mine?

rick haynes

Neither laugh

#14501 - 03/12/18 12:58 PM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
Mike Clifford Offline
Amateur racer

Haha, this thread took an interesting turn grin

#14502 - 03/13/18 02:03 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
zuzulo56 Offline

Loc: Hollywood
Originally Posted By: Mike Clifford
Haha, this thread took an interesting turn grin

Oh, just a bit of a 2008 'Singapore Sling' chicane...in written form !:

[748]

Edited by zuzulo56 (03/13/18 02:06 AM)

#14503 - 03/14/18 02:38 AM Re: I've finally finished my new shop website! [Re: Mike Clifford]
Mike Clifford Offline
Amateur racer

Haha, something like that.

VARA News
Who's Online
0 registered (), 237 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bosco, Nick6981, Scaniasteve, JuanBecker, 1000beats
757 Registered Users