Put-In-Bay ~ Sept. 24-27, 2018 MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
HSR Mitty, April 27-29
VRR Migration Update
by TopGearTech
08/14/18 08:33 AM
"You may not reply to announcement."
by TopGearTech
08/13/18 07:30 PM
Forum Migration to Xenforo Platform
by TopGearTech
08/10/18 05:21 PM
Vintage Race Rules
by JFW
08/07/18 06:25 AM
VARA 2018... Schedule & Events
by zuzulo56
08/07/18 01:51 AM
I sold my shop building, now what :)
by hoffman900
08/02/18 09:36 PM
VRG @ NJMP
by hoffman900
08/01/18 08:28 PM
Bucket track travels
by zuzulo56
07/21/18 12:46 AM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14580 - 07/26/18 01:06 AM "You may not reply to announcement."
zuzulo56 Offline

Loc: Hollywood

Attn.: 'TopGearTech':
As a matter of Curiosity & Good Will, I made a fruitless attempt to log in to the new site...Vintage Racing Online. No go, even after attempting to change my password, as requested by your E-mail.

When attempting to reply w/your request for feedback:

I was answered thusly:

I suspect many others have experienced a similar fate.

Oh, and BTW...now, each time I attempt to utilize this 'photo-embedding-feature', my computer crashes...Blue Screen Of Death !

Edited by zuzulo56 (07/26/18 03:37 AM)

#14581 - 07/26/18 08:19 AM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: zuzulo56]
TopGearTech Online   content
VRR Admin

Loc: Chicago, IL
Thanks for the feedback!

I switched that topic from announcement to regular post, so that should be working now.

When attempting to login to the new forum, what was the error message? -invalid password?

Also, when you attempted to change your password, did you receive an email from the system?

Cheers,

John

#14583 - 07/27/18 01:28 AM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: TopGearTech]
zuzulo56 Offline

Originally Posted By: TopGearTech
Thanks for the feedback!

I switched that topic from announcement to regular post, so that should be working now.

When attempting to login to the new forum, what was the error message? -invalid password?

Also, when you attempted to change your password, did you receive an email from the system?

Cheers,

John

[47]

Edited by zuzulo56 (07/27/18 01:30 AM)

#14584 - 07/27/18 08:35 AM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: zuzulo56]
VRR Admin

Thanks for the additional info. Regarding your Image Issue: Nothing seems to be wrong with the board itself (it tested fine for me and I don't see anything in the log files). Typically BSOD is a local PC issue (it's a memory dump typically caused when 2 applications fight over the same chunk of RAM).

#14597 - 08/06/18 06:48 PM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: zuzulo56]
JFW Online   content

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: zuzulo56

I suspect many others have experienced a similar fate.

Oh, and BTW...now, each time I attempt to utilize this 'photo-embedding-feature', my computer crashes...Blue Screen Of Death ! [/color][/font][/size]

So, in respect to Ronnie, I must defer to the master.

However, I have never even tried to "log" into the new platform, and I simply use the "old" place which is still there, just as I last left it and it is working fine.

Apparently it really doesn't matter and I think that is a good thing!

#14600 - 08/07/18 01:30 AM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: JFW]
zuzulo56 Offline

Originally Posted By: JFW

So, in respect to Ronnie, I must defer to the master.

However, I have never even tried to "log" into the new platform, and I simply use the "old" place which is still there, just as I last left it and it is working fine.

Apparently it really doesn't matter and I think that is a good thing!

[321]

Edited by zuzulo56 (08/07/18 01:31 AM)

#14603 - 08/08/18 10:25 PM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: zuzulo56]
Alfaromeo1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: IL
To the new site manager

There is nobody using or on the new site. Not one person has posted anything on the new site except myself which was three months ago. -Poking fun, It's the perfect place for Ric to rant to his heart's content.

Most of us would like to see an active site where information, ideas, tips are shared and a place to learn and teach. I am not sure what is wrong but something went wrong.

It reminds me of opening a restaurant, it either takes off or it doesn't. Frankly I feel it is too late with all the time that has passed IMO.

But if you are serious and get some expert help from people who know how to do this and ideas via emails to your members, they are not going to see it on here.

My advice not just for this forum but others I have particpated in keep is to keep the trolls and haters off that is one of the things that took a toll on this one. When you tolerate bullies many sit on the sidelines reluctant to post anything. All you had to do was look at the Who's online to tell that. It became the Ric and Dave show and went south from there.

I don't know why you had to develop a new site to begin with. Often someones great idea ends up backfiring.

Edited by Alfaromeo1 (08/12/18 05:29 PM)

www.stahly.com
www.4qte.com

#14606 - 08/13/18 07:30 PM Re: "You may not reply to announcement." [Re: Alfaromeo1]
VRR Admin

Thanks for your input !

At the end of this month I will be redirecting the old URL: vintageracerules.com to the new one: vintageracing.online

Because of a technical issue, some members were not able to login to their existing accounts which postponed this migration.

Also, my first born arrived on 7/16, so things have been a bit weird to say the least. (sleep has become my favorite new hobby!)

Anyway, I believe the new forum now works as it should (although upgrades are planed for the future) and we need to move forward.

Look for some additional communication in the near future and thank you all for your contributions.

-John

Originally Posted By: Alfaromeo1
To the new site manager

There is nobody using or on the new site. Not one person has posted anything on the new site except myself which was three months ago. -Poking fun, It's the perfect place for Ric to rant to his heart's content.

Most of us would like to see an active site where information, ideas, tips are shared and a place to learn and teach. I am not sure what is wrong but something went wrong.

It reminds me of opening a restaurant, it either takes off or it doesn't. Frankly I feel it is too late with all the time that has passed IMO.

But if you are serious and get some expert help from people who know how to do this and ideas via emails to your members, they are not going to see it on here.

My advice not just for this forum but others I have particpated in keep is to keep the trolls and haters off that is one of the things that took a toll on this one. When you tolerate bullies many sit on the sidelines reluctant to post anything. All you had to do was look at the Who's online to tell that. It became the Ric and Dave show and went south from there.

I don't know why you had to develop a new site to begin with. Often someones great idea ends up backfiring.

VARA News
Who's Online
2 registered (JFW, TopGearTech), 210 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bosco, Nick6981, Scaniasteve, JuanBecker, 1000beats
757 Registered Users